Saturday, October 22, 2011

A note about meeting your creative muse


We all have one inside us somewhere. You feel it and know it. Some of us have an incredible time believing that she'll be there when you need her ; when you attend a creative workshop, choosing a killer outfit for a dinner party or simply blogging and writing :)
Well I am here to tell you the truth about muses - she is always present, you don't have to call on her in times of need. She is perched right up in your cerebral cortex, somewhere between your brain and your eyes. I imagine her "nest" is quite stunningly decorated and always avant-garde!
The reason I know this is because mine woke me up this morning going on about muses and inspiration! I was in that pre-wake up haze - my awareness was rising, it was-IS- still dark outside and this little voice started a murmur which steadily rose to a full-on soliloquy which could have been delivered at Carnegie Hall.
I must tell you that I have to go to work and teach a new-to me group of students an INTRO to mixed media class and so I woke up thinking about how I was going to address this new group of students. It was not very long before this voice "took over" my planning, trumping it like an Ace does a King, and declared we are talking about MEETING OUR MUSE - perhaps for the first time recognizing she is there.
After my class today, I will report back on my class. I will be curious to see the reactions and "interactions" taking place between these lovely "couples" meeting for the first time :).

No comments:

Post a Comment